EJ20G RX Leone Rally Car Build

Any thing and every thing ever asked about how to do an EJ conversion to an L series and MY. Includes Brumby and Coupe.
ToyRX

Post by ToyRX » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:01 pm

aussie_guy00000 wrote:I mainly want to convert to spherical bearing mount to do away with the rubber mount

Yeah, I saw the top view of the strut tops, I just quoted the wrong pic in my reply and for some reason it spits the dummy when I try to edit it. I don't suppose your mate has another pair of the spherical bearing carriers around that he'd like to sell? not interested in the drilled strut top, just the carrier and bearing.
I highly doubt it - he only has one set left and that is ear marked for a new car
85 Leone RX EJ20T Rally Car - plus spare rolling shell
91 Facelift 2.2 GX 4WD Legacy - SOLD
96 RSB Legacy

aussie_guy00000

Post by aussie_guy00000 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:05 pm

No worries, thanks anyway :)

ToyRX

Post by ToyRX » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:43 am

Hey All - long time since I posted on here, a mate posted this clip on youtube, shows me spinning out at a recent Hillclimb - worth a laugh. Check out the Evo10 just before me, driven by a 17yr old already 2 seasons into the national champs. He was lucky to get away with his hollywood!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3TpIwpy ... re=related
96 RSB Legacy

Captain Obvious
General Member

Post by Captain Obvious » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:06 am

Fark that was very close!!!! looks like he thought the corner was sooner than it was!

nice looking RX you have, sounds fat!!

bryan
[SIGPIC]http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/image.php ... 1468060434[/SIGPIC]

The 4x4: 2004 Nissan Navara d22 ZD30 dual cab.
The Wifes car: 2005 SG9 Facelift forester 2.5l auto XS

ToyRX

Post by ToyRX » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:01 pm

Another Youtube post for those interested - a 1.2km tarmac hilcllimb my local car club runs
I ran this on old road tires so could not push to hard, I have just got some semislicks for a track event this weekend so will see how that goes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmJV306nKUQ
96 RSB Legacy

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:15 pm

what class are you running that it??
read the title and couldnt figure out how it was a rally car.

ToyRX

Post by ToyRX » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:52 pm

NZ rally class's are VERY different to Oz. Only really restrictive for national champ classes, Group N, Grp A, S2000 etc
In Clubsport events like I run in it is pretty much run-what-ya-brung type racing so I am in the 4WD class, this class is sometimes split into pre 1993 (Pre Evo/WRX) and 1993 and newer (Evo/WRX mainly).
I run my car on gravel in the winter and tarmac in the summer. Same car just different tyres, suspension and brake settings.
96 RSB Legacy

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:57 pm

ahh ok
yeah was reading it just like wtf.
when my brother was working for a certain mob, he was able to swap from a dirt rally wrx to a tarmac spec in one day, as well as load the truck and head of for the event

ToyRX

Post by ToyRX » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:32 pm

This is me getting done by a BMW M3 track race car, not really that fair of a fight but he leaves me for dead coming out of slow corners! I couldn't get the power down without lighting up the inside front tyre.
I was super impressed with the turn in I was getting - never felt like understeer at any time, almost forgot it is a Leone!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV6ZeZdjgTg
96 RSB Legacy

maxxair

Post by maxxair » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:07 am

sweet az bru!! that does have some great handling. and an L series without understeer. wow. (that said i run on dirt mostly) Nice save at 1:05 too. feel good??? looked fun. building my car, slowly. will hit you up for susp advice one ive got it going. thanks heaps for the Hyd Handbrake advice too bru, cheers, Rohan Maxim.

New Zulland, home of the STI ATV. Yeah BROUGH!!!! I mite come over this year for the WRC, Gorge swing and a jetboat. sound sweet as. nice car, good stuff.
Cheers, Rohan M.

Gravity.. PAH!! Watch this.:twisted:

http://www.BERSERKARU.com <For All Berserk Subarus<

ToyRX

Post by ToyRX » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:56 am

Hey Rohan - yeah anything i can help with fire me a question and I can at least tell you what i did.
I race most the time on gravel as well, just Tarmac in summer when the fire danger is too high in the bush. There will be plenty of gravel vids coming this winter - lol
The car felt really predictable on the track, although it has a desire to turn around quickly with lift off oversteer, the suspension is not really designed for tarmac so is too soft in the rear and the front progressive springs struggle to keep the inside front on the ground coming out of slow corners - hence why the M3 left me for dead. I am working on an idea for the front sway bar and rear springs as my next 2 or 3 events are on tarseal. Also need to dial the brake bias a bit more to the front.
96 RSB Legacy

rerty

Post by rerty » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:39 pm

G'day,
Fantastic car! love it!!
You couldn't tell me what driveshafts and front knuckles you are using?
I'm having trouble matching up the right driveshafts on the front of my L series wagon running an rs turbo motor gearbox and diff. I have the crossbred kit but my driveshafts that were supplied by someone else are to long.
Any info would be fantastic,
Cheers,
Dean

Return to “Fitting EJ motors to MY & L series models”