Western Trip

Club chat only please.
subybrumby

Western Trip

Post by subybrumby » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:52 pm

Hi everyone. Just a bit of an update on my upcoming trip this Thursday. I am leaving in the wee hours of the morning and heading directly west to Windorah (bout 1200klm one way) for a week long visit. When the locals knew I was coming, they asked if I would play guitar for them on the Friday and Saturday night so I am taking a bit of gear as well and playing the pub and the bronco branding gymkhana Satturday night..

I will be travelling in my stocko daily brumby and have prepared a little bit for the trip given that the car has 305,000 on the clock and is starting to feel its age.

Carrying one complete spare new front axle and substantial tools, extra fuel, water, fan belt, two spare wheels and personal bag and heaps of music gear. Not much preparation except bit of a wheel rotation, oil and filter change, wash outside and blow out interior with stihl blower, wipe windscreen and carry GPS mostly for arrival times. (I know the way)

Once the music is out of the way this weekend, my son (who works there) and I are headed out near the NT with his work on the gas lines to look at one of the turbine gas pump stations near the Diamantina river. Then home the following friday with him coming back with me on his days off. Only other passenger will be Mork (chihuahua in my avatar) who loves the brumby.

I'll take photos and do a trip report for the Qld magazine so will see you all when I get back.

This will be the last big run for this brumby and it will probably be offered for sale after I get back. Reason being financial pressures and two cars blah blah blah. Will be keeping the turbo brumby as my only car. (Reason it is not going on this trip is that it can't hold all the music gear under the hard cover)

Leaving very very early Thursday morning after a lunch gig tomorrow (Wed)

Wish me luck....Trevor
1989 Subaru Brumby - EA82T 5speed box. 4wheel disc, electric Windows plus other goodies.
Future Plans- Seat upgrade and Possible EJ20T implant.

Daily Driver Stock 1991 Brumby.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yarney
General Member

Post by yarney » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:52 pm

Sounds great have a good time

Jan
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] !!!Subies will go anywhere

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:22 pm

Thanks Jan...you'll miss me sleeping at the club this year...mite try to get there on the sunday..I'll have to see.
1989 Subaru Brumby - EA82T 5speed box. 4wheel disc, electric Windows plus other goodies.
Future Plans- Seat upgrade and Possible EJ20T implant.

Daily Driver Stock 1991 Brumby.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:23 pm

All the best there Trev but please next time you get excited with words like "Western Trip" then please make sure you're not stopping a third of the way :p

Sounds like a great trip and can't wait to hear the stories.. would love to also see (and laugh) at some videos of this guiter playing.

Please post some pics and tell us all about it ;)
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

2nd Hand Yank

Post by 2nd Hand Yank » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:49 am

RSR 555 wrote:All the best there Trev but please next time you get excited with words like "Western Trip" then please make sure you're not stopping a third of the way :p

Sounds like a great trip and can't wait to hear the stories.. would love to also see (and laugh) at some videos of this guiter playing.

Please post some pics and tell us all about it ;)
^^ Lol, yeah I was thinking he meant to WA. :D

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your travels into the QLD outback. :)

Return to “Club chat”