Glendon Training Weekend 10th -11th March

yarney
General Member

Glendon Training Weekend 10th -11th March

Post by yarney » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:56 pm

This trip is a training weekend as well as some good 4wding.
The training side of it will be a hands on thing, We don't just talk about what happens you will do it. It involves recovery wheel placement and all things to do with 4wding in a Subaru (other makes welcome).
Bring all food and drinks there is no shops close by a small amount of fire wood would be good also.
The cost is $9 per person for the weekend that's both Saturday and Sunday cheap.

The park is about 30km past Warwick on the cunningham Hwy
We will meet up at the BP (was Mobil) just before RAAF base Amberly on the Cunningham Hwy

Leaving 8:30 am Saturday 10th March

Phone Shane for more details on 0416425097
See http://www.subaclub.com click whats on for directions
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] !!!Subies will go anywhere

yarney
General Member

Post by yarney » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:01 pm

This post was posted by poss

A quick heads-up for those contemplating the trip to Glendon. I contacted the managers last week and have booked the site from Friday afternoon through to Sunday.

I'll be going up early to pre-scout the roads and hopefully find a few bog holes and others are welcome to arrive early if they wish. I plan to leave around lunch time Friday from the Amberly area and already have another 2 cars who are keen to tag along. Feel free to tag along or make your own way there.

I also asked the managers about the Sunday and when they need us to vacate the site and to date, we can remain pitched on the site until we leave the camp grounds for home. I will check with the managers again on Friday afternoon and will relay any necessary info back to Yarney. Hopefully this will come through and we will be able to also travel light around the tracks on the Sunday too.

One issue that I forgot the mention earlier was the lack of reception in the camping area. There is no Vodafone reception and I'm unsure of others. The access road into Glendon has some service on top of the hills and I believe the lookout has limited service as well. Note that the access road will be the only option for after hours calls.

And remember to take some WARM cloths. It is considerably cooler than Bris.

Well that is enough from me so I hope to see you all there for a fun and dirty weekend. Keep it above the belt boys, dirty in the context of dust and mud.

Cheers
Shane/Poss, the novice trip leader.

yarney
General Member

Post by yarney » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:43 pm

You are all welcome not just club members.

Jan

chilli

Post by chilli » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:32 pm

I should be able to make it and I'll meet you at Glendon.

92 brumby

Post by 92 brumby » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:27 pm

Packing ute right now see you guys tomorrow
92 brumby, 2" lift, 30" cooper stt's, 2000 ej20, lib seats, compressor, uhf, trayliner, 2.25 zorst,L series 5 spd 3.9 ratio, wrx viscious lsd, imprezza pwr steer.

yarney
General Member

Post by yarney » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:56 pm

It was a great weekend 16 cars
Happy Birthday to aussiebeca for today hope you had a good day:)

Jan

AussieBeca

Post by AussieBeca » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Had a great time. Thanks to all that provided training, Poss, Yarney and Mares for allowing me (and the kids) to be passengers, Poss for being Trip Leader and all for the birthday wishes.

Kids had lots of fun and both were asleep way before Warwick.

Cheers,
Phillip
:p

Return to “What's on”