A Day For Car Enthusiasts - 4th May

92 brumby

A Day For Car Enthusiasts - 4th May

Post by 92 brumby » Thu May 01, 2014 11:02 am

DATE: Sun 4th May (New Date From April)
DESTINATION: A Day For Car Enthusiasts -- Pine Rivers Park
TRIP LEADER: DM 0429 121 996
MEETING PLACE: Maltilda Sero Bald Hills
DIRECTIONS: LHS Service Rd 116 Gympie Rd Strathpine -- Car Show At Pine Rivers Park Gympie Rd Strathpine
TIME: 11am -- For Show Times 12 noon -- 4pm
RATING: Easy Social
DISTANCE: Low km
FUEL: Available
WATER: Available
DOMESTIC ANIMALS: Yes
PERMITS REQUIRED: No
ACTIVITIES PLANNED: A Club Display Of Cars There Will Be Trade Displays And Food Stalls -- Costs $10 Per Car Please Pre Pay Online http://WWW.augarage.com.au Or Pay On The Day
WHAT TO BRING: Shade Chairs
RECOVERY GEAR: Required On All 4WD Trips
92 brumby, 2" lift, 30" cooper stt's, 2000 ej20, lib seats, compressor, uhf, trayliner, 2.25 zorst,L series 5 spd 3.9 ratio, wrx viscious lsd, imprezza pwr steer.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Tue May 06, 2014 10:50 am

How did this go? any pics?
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

82leone

Post by 82leone » Sun May 25, 2014 8:17 pm

It was a good day not as big turn out as last year. I put the subirover on display for the first time and got a fair bit of interest. It was a good mix of wild and mild but the show on the whole was quite small.

82leone

Post by 82leone » Sun May 25, 2014 8:28 pm

I only got one pic Image

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sun May 25, 2014 8:32 pm

Awesome !!!!
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sun May 25, 2014 8:45 pm

82leone wrote:It was a good day not as big turn out as last year. I put the subirover on display for the first time and got a fair bit of interest. It was a good mix of wild and mild but the show on the whole was quite small.
Can you tell me more about Subirover? What transfer box did you use?

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun May 25, 2014 9:06 pm

RSR 555 wrote:Can you tell me more about Subirover? What transfer box did you use?
Is there a build thread for this conversion? Nothing but this thread came up in a search...

Have you had it offroad?

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

yarney
General Member

Post by yarney » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:27 pm

El_Freddo wrote:Is there a build thread for this conversion? Nothing but this thread came up in a search...

Have you had it offroad?

Cheers

Bennie
Hi Bennie
I had a drive of that beast wow it was different
This is the build video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzWrNX6 ... e=youtu.be

Here is a link it's on Gumtree

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brisbane ... 1047686714

Jan
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] !!!Subies will go anywhere

82leone

Post by 82leone » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:51 pm

Thanks Yarney the video gives you a rough idea on the build and how it goes. I was not happy with it the first time I took it out so now it has hydro steer and I completely changed the springs and shock set up. Plus I broke the suzuki transfer first time out so all new crossmember and swapped out the transfer as I cracked the case and locked it in gear. Will get around to a build thread soon cheers Shane

http://youtu.be/fzWrNX6KZkw

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:59 pm

82leone wrote:Thanks Yarney the video gives you a rough idea on the build and how it goes. I was not happy with it the first time I took it out so now it has hydro steer and I completely changed the springs and shock set up. Plus I broke the suzuki transfer first time out so all new crossmember and swapped out the transfer as I cracked the case and locked it in gear. Will get around to a build thread soon cheers Shane

http://youtu.be/fzWrNX6KZkw
How did the Suzuki Transfer Box break and why? I'm asking as I'm looking at using the Nissan Transfer Box which I hope is a little stronger, as I'll be using an EJ20T with Auto Trans in front of it.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yarney
General Member

Post by yarney » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:23 pm

RSR 555 wrote:How did the Suzuki Transfer Box break and why? I'm asking as I'm looking at using the Nissan Transfer Box which I hope is a little stronger, as I'll be using an EJ20T with Auto Trans in front of it.
Wow i was thinking about a Nissan transfer box in front of my auto Foz and wounded if it would be too hard to setup. Was it a Pathfinder box?

Jan
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] !!!Subies will go anywhere

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:42 pm

yarney wrote:Wow i was thinking about a Nissan transfer box in front of my auto Foz and wounded if it would be too hard to setup. Was it a Pathfinder box?

Jan
Well I'll post up some pics as we go along with Jayson's (my son) Brumby. The Nissan Transfer Box we are going to use is the Nissan 720 Ute one, as this is what they call the Divorced Transfer setup. This means the transfer box is only connected to the Transmission via a prop shaft. Pretty sure it's similar to the Suzuki Transfer Box but not seeing the Suzuki setup yet, I cannot confirm this. I feel the Suzuki box might be smaller and possibly not as strong as the Nissan one.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

82leone

Post by 82leone » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:14 am

Hey Rsr 555 the suzuki transfer only broke cause I solid mounted it. I was bouncing it up a hill and it went bang cracked the case and locked in gear. Fixed the problem with new crossmember/gearbox mounts and better drive shaft angles.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:19 am

I can understand. When I first saw your setup (as I was looking for info on the transfer box) I noticed that you had mounted it solid to the chassis and thought I wonder how that would go. As for power through your transfer, then I'm thinking that with the awesome power of the EA82 then there's not too much chance of breaking the gearset :)

We are going to use the EJ20 Turbo and auto trans from a 99 GT Foz, so we'll try the Suzuki one first as this is all setup in the chassis and what not. Then if this fails, then we'll swap to the Nissan setup.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

82leone

Post by 82leone » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:03 pm

Hopefully the auto will be less aggressive on the transfer with a smoother power delivery. As for power I think it should handle it. I used to race an offroad class 8 suzuki seria that had 200kw at the wheels out of a worked injected vitara engine. Never had issues with the transfer just the diffs and axles.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:23 pm

Yeah, I hope so and it won't be a drag car, so should be fine but I'll have the Nissan as a backup. I only brought the Nissan one because I didn't know this Suzuki had the Divorced Transfer Box. Now to learn more about Suzuki.. So you used to race them off road.. hello my new friend :)

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

82leone

Post by 82leone » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:02 pm

Yeah just for one season in 2000 we took out Queensland class 8 championship. Was a good little car but not my cup of tea. I love the SUBIS to much. Lol.

Return to “What's on”