Boat Project

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:06 pm

RSR 555 wrote:I YOUR FACE !! that is soo scary.. I don't want you to be my face :(
Lol you always pick up on my typing errors..., Was meant to be 'in your face', Little joke.

Anyway,
I'm happy to report its been 3days since i pumped up the tubes and they are still full of air:) I'm quite happy of my patching job there:)
So went to the river and got the boat in the water. BUT the engine was a bit powerless lol. Well it went ok i guess but doing wake behind was a really struggle on take off:( So since yesterday i've put the engine up for sale for a reasonable cheap price and its now sold. I'm now on the hunt for something with bigger balls, like me:D Again being on a tight budget, As being a student and all the bullshit i'm always broke:p, i'm not sure if i'll be able to afford something new or newish but hopefully better.

Anyway, here is a pic, unfortunately we were then too concentrated on the wake and boat etc that we didn't take more.

I promise to get some good pics with the coming engine.
But overall i'm really pleased with it. Turns super tight and easy, sit well on the water. A little rear heavy but with someone at the front (and a bag of sand, na kidding) and once it off its great. Can't wait to have a bigger engine:)
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

Richie-Rich

Post by Richie-Rich » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:14 pm

I would look for a 70hp - 90hp.

These get used alot on work boats at Marina's so they turn up second hand quite a bit.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:46 pm

guyph_01 wrote:Lol you always pick up on my typing errors..., Was meant to be 'in your face', Little joke.
hehe.. see my sig for more info :p
guyph_01 wrote:Can't wait to have a bigger engine:)
Look for a late model Tohatsu 2 stroke.. they have the best HP to size rating. And as you know, sometimes it's cheaper to buy a boat with one on.. shameyou sold the other motor, otherwise you could have swapped it over and sold the whole 2nd boat off.
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:04 pm

RSR 555 wrote: Look for a late model Tohatsu 2 stroke.. they have the best HP to size rating. And as you know, sometimes it's cheaper to buy a boat with one on.. shameyou sold the other motor, otherwise you could have swapped it over and sold the whole 2nd boat off.
True didn't think of it that way. For some reason i only do that trick on cars:) why didn't i think of that. lol
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:23 pm

Not much has been happening with the boat. Just too busy with other cars, projects and Uni.

And with the jetski...

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:24 pm

Its SOOOO much fun....

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:41 am

Last pic is an absolute classic, I'd be trying to enter that into some sort of competition.
98 Libbo with V3 STI running gear. 13.0 @ 105mph with CAI & 3" Zorst:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrsF-2JS3M :twisted:

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:53 pm

d_generate wrote:Last pic is an absolute classic, I'd be trying to enter that into some sort of competition.
I reckon! That's an awesome photo - and a fair effort to throw yourself off one of those things, unless you're doing something wrong!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:07 pm

Thats is an old girl! nice and clean looking for its age :)
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:10 pm

Also awesome photography too
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:49 am

Hey Guy, when I was in Thailand a couple of weeks ago I found a solution for leaky rubber boat tubes.........Also a use for old Landrover trays at the same time.

I can see the back of a Brumby sitting on an old Surfcat any day now.

Just keep pumping air into it until the fiberglass sets lol, practical little buggers he?
98 Libbo with V3 STI running gear. 13.0 @ 105mph with CAI & 3" Zorst:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrsF-2JS3M :twisted:

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:10 pm

El_Freddo wrote:I reckon! That's an awesome photo - and a fair effort to throw yourself off one of those things, unless you're doing something wrong!

Cheers

Bennie
Simple, Full throttle, Slightly stand up, Close your eyes and perform a sharp turn with slowing down. The result is about a 2meter sideways leap in the air followed by a hard crash in the water. Do not attempt at home, this was done by a 100% amateur, only for pics purpose :)

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:03 pm

guyph_01 wrote:Simple, Full throttle, Slightly stand up, Close your eyes and perform a sharp turn with slowing down.
Yeah, I think I've figured out where you went wrong!

Cheers

Bennie

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:37 am

Some more pics:)

Me and a mate

And another of my falls:p

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:38 am

T'subaru

Post by T'subaru » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:59 am

well done :cool:
'86 GL, '89 RX, '89 XT6, '90 T'sunami Wagon

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:45 am

anyone else getting a case of I wants ?? Lotta fun there in five minutes !!

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:38 am

:D. It is So much fun...

Also....

Since ive seen the guys on the stand up ski's, I've always wanted to find a cheap stand up jet ski and see if its as much fun as my xp
I finally found one....
Basically found this kawasaki 550 js for $400.
It had been sitting for a year after the owner had a motobike crash and now needs a hip replacement and can't do shit anymore... I got there and it wouldn't turn over:( the owner went to get his mate that had apparently rebuilt the motor with new machined head, machined crank, new bearings and bored to new bigger pistons with full gaskets costing about $1000+ about 1.5 to 2 years ago. So the 'mech' friend too the starter apart but nothing. We then took the engine off and turns out it was the pump/prop area that has seized.
Hooked up the starter to a battery and did a compression test. Got 200psi in each cyl. I remember you said it should be about 130psi. Would this be because of the new pistons? Or is that way too much??

Some pics.....

Already gave the engine compartment a clean. unfortunately no before pic but just picture about 10-20 years of oil, grease, sand and salt in there.

The owner also talked about the stop button didn't work in the few last runs he had with the ski. I noticed this plug un-hooked. Followed the wire and it goes in the center arm. thst could be the cause i guess.

The plan is Hopefully to put it back together with a guy i met over the seadoo forum and get it running, then maybe some cosmetic work to it.

:mrgreen:

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:03 pm

I reckon you'll love the stand up and be moving the sit down on to a new owner!

I've always wanted to have a go at a stand up jetski - apparently they're the bomb especially in some mild waves off shore :twisted:

I hope the prop is easy to fix. They're one of those items that does need replacing from time to time - but I'd reckon it's the shaft's bearing rather than the prop itself. The seal probably developed a leak and let water into the bearing - sitting there has allowed it to rust and lock.

Cheers

Bennie

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:17 pm

Some pics of the engine. Not the ej ones at the back:p Lol revealing the treasures in my shed!!!

Ok so today i took the pump out. Man i never had to take a Seadoo apart but taking the engine out and the pump on this kawasaki was so easy. Took me like 15min or less to get the whole pump unit out.

Also gave the exterior a clean

Anyway i think i know why its seized and i have a bad feeling the pump is ****ed.

There is a bulge in the housing. And theres no chance this can be bent back to shape.
Anyway so went to the guy that helped me at Seadoo here and he said its gonna cost about $600 to machine out the bulge and re-weld/manufacture the prop to suit.
I'm thinking of getting a whole second hand pump from the states in average good condition.

Need to pm minnetonka4me or 99spxxx on the seeadoo forum and see what they have. Complete pump units sell for about 70-180 over there.

From what one of the guys is saying on the other forum
"The gap on the pump is HUGE !!! You won't be going anywhere with that. Back in the day... Skat-Trak use to make oversized impellers, and it looks like that pump was bored for one... and then someone put in a std size. (It's too clean to just be warn)"

I'm guessing the over boring allowed the corrosion built up between the sleeve and the casing.

Return to “Guyph”