Big red brumby

Moderator: Rumbl1n

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:47 am

Carashan wrote:Still think white rims look beter :-)
Ditto.

But black rims seem to be the go these days. Dont know why.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rubisubi

Post by rubisubi » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:20 am

Great project mate, check the roof doesnt leak as mine did and it's quite annoying driving with water dripping on you. Go for vinyl floor coverings if possible as carpet is a right pain if they get mud on them.

Rumbl1n

Post by Rumbl1n » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:44 pm

rubisubi wrote:Great project mate, check the roof doesnt leak as mine did and it's quite annoying driving with water dripping on you. Go for vinyl floor coverings if possible as carpet is a right pain if they get mud on them.
have drove it i little in the rain seems all good seals around the roof all look in really good condition and vinyl does seem like the better option after a day on the beach lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]88 Brumby
89 Legacy gt turbo
97 wrx (wrecking)

Wooster

Post by Wooster » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:29 pm

Look forward to seeing how the sister to mine comes together mate, if only the prices on this side of the country were so cheap
cheers

Rumbl1n

Post by Rumbl1n » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:27 pm

Wooster wrote:Look forward to seeing how the sister to mine comes together mate, if only the prices on this side of the country were so cheap
cheers
I have never seen one running and licenced that cheep over here either i put a deposit down without hesitation!!
89 Legacy gt turbo
97 wrx (wrecking)

Rumbl1n

Post by Rumbl1n » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:30 pm

here are a couple of photos of my dash modifications and painted centre console also a new gear boot
89 Legacy gt turbo
97 wrx (wrecking)

Rumbl1n

Post by Rumbl1n » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:34 pm

Painted my roof with vinyl paint only things left for the interior its to carpet the sub box and a pair of seats (not sure to go forester seats for comfort or wrx seats for looks)
89 Legacy gt turbo
97 wrx (wrecking)

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:33 pm

Rumbl1n wrote: Painted my roof with vinyl paint only things left for the interior its to carpet the sub box and a pair of seats (not sure to go forester seats for comfort or wrx seats for looks)
All depends, if its going to be your daily and going often off road then foz seats would be the best bet and really much more comfy. But i guess looks also counts:) thus my choice:p

Great pics:) where did you put the cd player?
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

JPM

Post by JPM » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:03 pm

I must be getting old- I don't like the monster tachometer / shift light at all.

Kudos on the interior respray, looks neat, but that tacho down in front of the gear stick is (in my humble opinion) just dangerous. Anything that takes your attention from up high to down low is a risk.

Sorry to be a downer, you've obviously done a stack of work, but for me, the interior would be much nicer if you chucked that monstrosity into the nearest bin.

Old man rant over! Oh, actually hang on, bloody kids of today! Now that's better, time for a cup of tea and a nice lay down.

Jayd

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:06 pm

JPM wrote:I must be getting old- I don't like the monster tachometer / shift light at all.

Kudos on the interior respray, looks neat, but that tacho down in front of the gear stick is (in my humble opinion) just dangerous. Anything that takes your attention from up high to down low is a risk.

Sorry to be a downer, you've obviously done a stack of work, but for me, the interior would be much nicer if you chucked that monstrosity into the nearest bin.

Old man rant over! Oh, actually hang on, bloody kids of today! Now that's better, time for a cup of tea and a nice lay down.

Jayd

You're not alone there :twisted:

But when that is the only thing you can moan about on a car then that car has got to be a good'un :mrgreen:

red painted dash looks good :cool:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:57 pm

Its ok i think, Would have put a smaller one but its his car. Let hope the bass level won't crack the glass:p lol. Ohhhh and don't put 20inch chrome wheels on the car, that will get you a big hate thread. lol

Whats the plans? is it going to be an off-roader or a lowered WRX conversion?
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

Rumbl1n

Post by Rumbl1n » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:36 pm

guyph_01 wrote:
Whats the plans? is it going to be an off-roader or a lowered WRX conversion?
defiantly an off-roader lowered conversion seems like a waits to me
89 Legacy gt turbo
97 wrx (wrecking)

Rumbl1n

Post by Rumbl1n » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:38 pm

JPM wrote:I must be getting old- I don't like the monster tachometer / shift light at all.

Jayd
I am actually not happy with the look of the tacho im going to replace it with a small one on the top of the dash that tacho was just something i had laying around
89 Legacy gt turbo
97 wrx (wrecking)

Rumbl1n

Post by Rumbl1n » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:41 pm

guyph_01 wrote: Great pics:) where did you put the cd player?
It doesnt have one i have my Ipod running straight to two amps
89 Legacy gt turbo
97 wrx (wrecking)

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:45 pm

Rumbl1n wrote:It doesnt have one i have my Ipod running straight to two amps
Yeah i suspected you had something like that. My mate has the same thing in a VW beach buggy back in Mauritius.

Ive a rev and volt one here if you want:) You can make an offer. They are pretty nice and gd.

Rumbl1n

Post by Rumbl1n » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:49 pm

I'll be interested in 10 weeks no spending money on the brumby till I get back from Bali :(
89 Legacy gt turbo
97 wrx (wrecking)

Rumbl1n

Post by Rumbl1n » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:15 pm

Hey boys thought I would check in no photos but things have changed a little I removed a front cv took the shaft out and put just the inners an outers back in (now its rear wheel drive going to keep a spare cv for off roading as it doesn't take long to change).

Single slip wasn't that great so now I have welded the spline gears which is great fun in the dry but this first rain is making me question wether to leave it in I can't gear down it just compression locks and taking any acceleration around a corner it's opposite lock which can be fun but not worth the risk in safety and the law as fun as it is.

Future plan is to put the front cv in and remove a rear an just put the rear in for 4wd trips I think this is the best idea without removing the locker
89 Legacy gt turbo
97 wrx (wrecking)

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:16 pm

Rumbl1n wrote:Future plan is to put the front cv in and remove a rear an just put the rear in for 4wd trips I think this is the best idea without removing the locker
This is definitely the go!

Just watch out for the trap that the welded rear can get you into - it'll get you to places you couldn't go before AND it will also get you stuck in places that are much much worse than you could find before!

Enjoy!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

stenno

Post by stenno » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:15 am

How much of the Dangerous wet weather handling is the welded diff v rwd do you think?

Rumbl1n

Post by Rumbl1n » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:33 pm

stenno wrote:How much of the Dangerous wet weather handling is the welded diff v rwd do you think?
I think if it wasnt welded it would be fine but there isnt much point in making it rwd unless you lock it or get an lsd in my mind
89 Legacy gt turbo
97 wrx (wrecking)

Return to “Rumbl1n”