One of Australia's original and top performing Subaru sites. Come and have a look and find out why so many people enjoy this site.***ONLINE SINCE SEPTEMBER 2018*** site address: www.ausubaru.com.au
After some time has elapsed when I first made the 3d model ( like 8 years ago )
I now have made a proto type section ready to print : ( mostly so it would fit in printer )
Printing begins : ( will need 8 sections )
Will have to see if I can get some body to make it now ...
Yep the XV wheel influenced the design, but so did the clover leaf ...
Yeah I'm not sure how much these will cost, got to find some place that will make them first.
A couple of options are to get a local firm here in Brisbane do them, either cast or milled down from solid billet.
Another would be to go to Japan / China to get them made there ...
Probably could do with /need to do some crowd sourcing / funding to organise something - not my stongest area & will need help with that side of things.
Find a cnc machine shop near you, buy five or size big blocks of marine grade aluminium or your choice of alloy, give them the file, your wallet and let them have at it…
Honestly I don’t know where to start looking other than Google.
Bantum, the pic might make it look really close - the rim to strut clearance looks tight. I’m wondering if this will be an issue once a tyre is fitted.
Looks good though. Will you do the finish the same as the original XV rims? That’s what I think you’re going for and I reckon they’d look good on the touring wagon.